Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Okay...

I'm getting some of my confidence back. I ran four miles without stopping last night.

Kids were asleep in bed, Eric was at a council meeting, the house was mine, and I just told myself I wasn't going to push that giant red button until it said 4.0!

I set the pace at 5.1 and just ran. I started out watching a movie off of Netflix, but the sound went wonky in middle, so I switched to music and kept going. The music was more motivating tonight than the movie.

Four miles felt good.

The rest of the day was rough dealing with 6-year-old drama. Let's just say my kid can't be trusted with scissors for a while (he accidentally cut a girl's school uniform sweater - ugh), and I had to make a phone call to another mom. Awkward.

Child #1 lost going to a birthday swim party this Friday, and he had to write apology notes. Being a mom is rather challenging and heart breaking at times. However, we want Evan to know that you don't play with scissors. He is crushed about the swim party. I had even bought him new goggles at Dollar Tree the other day. Oh well. Gotta stick to what I say.

I must be anxious about my sister's upcoming wedding and getting my cavities filled today because I've had dreams about both of those things the past two nights. The wedding reception will be at my house. Yikes! My house needs lots of work. Nothing like a deadline to motivate us. And the dentist freaks me out in general. The older I get the worse it is.

Must get ready for school. Is it June 10 yet?

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 57:04
Run: 4.0 miles/5.1 pace

2 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Great job on the run! Sometimes you just have to tell yourself you MUST complete a run. I know I do that every once in a while!
:)

The Green Girl said...

Yeay for getting your mojo back! ::cheers::

Hope you can relax and not feel so anxious.