Monday, December 26, 2011

Day After Christmas

I got a new running journal for Christmas. Yay! The designers were smart...they started the first entry for Monday, Dec. 26! I guess they figured a lot of people would get one for Christmas and want to get started on keeping a running log right away.

Worked for this girl.

Sometime mid morning we got a phone call from Evan's soccer coach asking about an impromptu practice. Sure, why not? We all headed out at 3. We relaxed all day, so it was nice to get out of the house for a bit.

I purposely dressed in my running gear and planned to jog around the large soccer field. I almost didn't do it, but finally I sucked it up and ran. Well, "ran" would be a bit of an exaggeration. I jogged...slowly. But that's okay. I moved my body. And I felt better when I was done. Plus, it helped keep me warm.

I would like to be able to write something down for each day of my new running log. I hate to even admit that I want to start a running streak, because then it becomes all about the obsessive need to keep going. Keep streaking.

However, for me, a streak is not such a bad idea. I am such a creature of habit, that a run everyday, even just a mile, is a good way for my brain to register that this is normal. It is something I need to do every day. If nothing else, it would make me happy to see all the running journal boxes filled in!

No comments: