Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jog-a-Thon

Running Log: 1 mile

Today was the jog-a-thon for my school. I haven't run in several weeks, so I thought I'd get out there today and let this be my motivation back into the jogging world. I forgot to take my Garmin, so I don't know precisely how far I ran, but I'm going to log a mile since I was jogging around a high school track.


My 5-year-old son Evan ran two miles! He's fast! I let him get going and then jumped in with him for the last few laps. (It's not the greatest of photos. You can barely see him. I am still getting the hang of using my iPhone for taking photos and uploading them to Facebook.)

I need to run because I feel so much better about the world in general when I run. My attitude is happier, I like my body better, I have more patience, I sleep better, I don't ache as much, I eat better, and on and on.

Now that daylight savings is here, there is hope that I can run outside in the evenings.

Oh, and to add to the bad feelings I already have for slacking in the running department, I also fell off the no soda/no caffeine band wagon. Sigh. I don't even remember what excuse I gave myself for drinking a Pepsi. I'm sure it was a great reason at the time for "needing" that jolt of sugar, caffeine, and carbonation. Now I just feel sad.

However, let the happy endorphins commence.

No comments: