Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rescue

Running Log:
2.67 miles

I set out today thinking I'd get in 4 miles. In fact, my parting words to Eric were, "I'm going to run 4 miles, if not 4.5." well, that didn't happen.

I was pretty tired right from the start, so I started running 1/4 miles, and then I'd walk for .05 miles. That got me up to the 2 mile point. I really should have turned around at 1.5 or even sooner.

As soon as I hit 2 miles, I stopped to give myself a small break. Bad idea because I felt like throwing up, and I got really dizzy and lightheaded. I considered (for about 2 1/2 seconds) turning around and completing my last 2 miles, but instead I just walked straight. I called Eric to see if he could come get me. He did.

I walked slowly for another .25 miles until Eric pulled up. I guess taking a week off is different when you have to take a week off because of not feeling well. I am going to have to build my stamina and miles back up. It just stinks because just a few weeks ago I was on such a high after running 4 miles. Now I feel like I've taken 10 steps back.

I think I'm going to go lie down. I have a few things I need to get done before the SuperBowl starts. Go Saints!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Sorry your run didn't go well, hope the next one is better!