Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm Back

Running Log:
2 miles - Just under 32 min.

Tonight's run was a mish mash of running, walking, inclines and various speeds. I took a week off due to not feeling well. My throat is still hurting, but I knew if I didn't get back to the running, I might completely lose my motivation.

The only goal I had tonight was to get 2 miles done. I didn't really care how I got it done, and I actually started out thinking I'd just walk the whole thing and throw in some inclines.

However, about 10 minutes into walking, I started getting really bored! I figured I might as well throw in some running to make the time go by faster. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good. Not super, but good. Good enough. Good enough to remind me of how I like this feeling of pushing my body.

I was starting to feel like a real slug there on my week off. The one thing I really regret now is that my miles are completely behind for my 1,000 mile goal. I am going to try not to worry about that so much. It's a goal, and there is plenty of time to get to that goal over the course of the next 11 months.

As for my monthly health goals...um, not so good. I have not touched a soda since the day after Christmas, and I have not had caffeine for longer than that. I was supposed to start counting points this month, which basically means that I pay close attention to what goes in my mouth. Didn't happen. I've been eating pretty much anything I want. Not good. I'm not even sure I want to count points this month. I might switch it up and be sure to take my vitamins. I haven't been because of the sore throat, but I can finish out the month strong with that one and start counting points in March.

Besides, Lent is fast approaching, and I plan to give up candy or meat or something for Lent. That will make me feel better about flubbing the first part of my February goals. That, and I'm still super proud of not touching a drop of soda. And I really crave soda.

Sorry to have kept my three faithful readers on the edge of their seat waiting for an update here. Hopefully the rest of the month will be constant posting.

No comments: