Saturday, October 30, 2010

Not So Small Break

Distance: 1.866 miles
Time: 32 min.

My break was a bit longer than I anticipated. My best excuse is that life happened. School started. Enough said! Anyone who is a teacher or who has ever gone to school themselves knows that this is enough of an explanation.

I never said my excuse was great. I just said it was my excuse.

Another big change is that my oldest is in first grade. What a difference between Kindergarten and first grade! Him getting older means more homework, soccer practice twice a week, scouts once a week, games on Saturdays, numerous birthday party invites, and emotional crying fits at least once a week.

My youngest just turned three. Whoever said the Terrible Two's are bad never met my 3-year-old. Let's just put it this way: thank goodness he's cute. He is my Jekyll and Hyde. I call him my Lovebug for good reason. He knows how to turn on the charm when he is being naughty, which is most of the time.

While the beginning of the school year has gone well, my health has plummeted. I'm tired all the time, eating junk food all the time, grouchy, lazy, and unmotivated. I know deep down that the only thing that helps me snap out of this is exercising.

I'm not sure what flipped the switch tonight. In any case, I got on the treadmill. I was tired, but I sure feel good now. I have to repeat my favorite phrase to myself over and over: you never regret doing a workout, but you almost always regret skipping one. Boy have I regretted the past three months.

But enough regrets. Forward, always forward.

1 comment:

BeckyK said...

I can so relate to the back-to-school chaos. I hope you get remotivated and get back into it!!! Grab an apple, a book, and go to bed (at a semi-decent time)!!!!