Monday, October 31, 2011

I Beat September


New look. New goal. I dyed my hair dark brown yesterday. Um, it's dark. I like it, though.

I figured when I logged on to record this morning's "run," I'd be logging my smallest monthly mileage yet. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I outran September!

Made me chuckle.

At 8 miles for October, it was better than September! Pathetic. But it's okay. It happens. Slumps happen.

I'm feeling a sense of excitement, however, because I want to run a 1/2 marathon in February. February 5th to be exact. It gives me a goal. I seem to work much better with goals. I also seem to run better in cooler weather. Go figure.

The half that I am looking into is the Huntington Beach 1/2. I seriously want to run along the beach and take a mini vacation with my husband. Sounds perfect.

Goal? Check.
Excitement back? Check.
Mini vacation? Check.
Signed up for 1/2? Not yet.

The only small problem with a half marathon on Feb. 5 (even though it seems super far away) is that I don't have much time to build back up to a three-mile base before officially starting the 1/2 training at the beginning of November. I figure I'll just push myself. There are worse things than pushing myself physically.

Anyhow, I'm excited at the prospect of a new half to run. I also plan to do the California Classic half in May. I want to run that one every year. I would love to turn 80 and be able to say I have run the CC Half since its inception in 2011! Wouldn't that be cool?!

I should be posting much higher numbers in the near future than my piddly 7 and 8 for the last two months. Here's to getting out of slumps!

No comments: