Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tempo Run

Distance: 3.083 miles
Time: 40 minutes

This morning called for a tempo run. I've never done a tempo run before...at least not on purpose!

I'm still on the fence about whether or not I'm actually training for a half in November or if I'm just running to stay sane without worrying about a schedule. Truth be told, I'll probably stick with the schedule, but I haven't signed up for the half as of yet.

Anyhow, I interpreted a tempo run to mean run faster than normal for a certain amount of time. I did 10 minutes at 5.0. Then I increased by .1 miles every three minutes. My last minute was done at 6.0. I didn't fall off the treadmill, so that was good.

As much as I hate waking up at 4:30 to exercise, I love getting the workout finished early. It feels so good not having it hanging over my head at 9 p.m.

Tomorrow is my last workout for the week. Then rest day on Friday. Yay!

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Congratulations on your tempo run, girl!