Monday, April 16, 2018

80 Day Obsession

Today was Day 1 of Beach Body's 80-Day Obsession. I completed Day 1. Only 79 more to go.

Another piece of self care for me is taking time to do hair, makeup, and jewelry. It all adds together to help me feel more confident and ready to tackle the day.

I will not be posting before pictures. All you get is the picture I took of myself after getting ready this morning. I may never post pictures because I'm just too embarrassed about how I have let myself go. 

However, with that being said, I am trying really hard not to be too down on myself.  I'm trying to just be neutral to positive and realistic with the situation. There are many reasons why I gained weight and lost any semblance of being in shape.

I hate that it happened, but it did. The more important thing is what am I going to do moving forward?

I don't want to enter my late 40s and 50s with aches, pains, and problems. I'd like to be able to run, hike, and climb stairs!  I want to have energy.  I want to be able to handle life's ups and downs without turning to food for comfort.

So, I completed Day 1 of this program. I will finish it. Starting today puts Day 80 on the Fourth of July!  How cool is that?!  I am making this promise to show up for myself each and every day. I deserve to give myself an hour of time to improve my health, mood, and outlook.

It's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it to look back in 80 days and know that I finished what I set out to do.

I'm still working on the food side of it. My plan is to follow a mostly Whole30 approach to food. I still have had no soda since Dec.31. Yes, I miss it every single day. I'm not one of those who says I'm not missing anything. I miss it every SINGLE day.

I made sure to eat a Whole30 favorite breakfast of mine. Chicken apple sausauge, peppers, onions, and potatoes and a pinch of coconut oil to cook it all in.


Got my lunch prepared and ready for the day.

And I prepped chicken and steak so that lunches are easy to throw together for the rest of the week.

Day 1 of this adventure. I hope to see that consistency will pay off.


No comments: