Friday, April 6, 2018

Spring Break Self-Care Health Update

After posting two days ago, I wanted to check in with myself and see what, if any, progress I have made in self-care.

In my mind, progress is made in tiny baby steps. So, for the past two days I have done the following:

-made my bed each day
-put on makeup each day
-removed my makeup at the end of the day
-used face lotion/eye cream morning and night
-did my hair each day
-dyed my hair to remove gray (heading back to red and have put this off forever!)
-flossed and brushed my teeth each night (had a long dentist appt on Wednesday that always gets me motivated to have better teeth habits)
-exercised: We ordered Beachbody On Demand so I can literally choose from hundreds of workouts. On Wednesday I did Cize Crazy 8's and on Thursday I did 21-Day Extreme Upper Body Strength.

Just dyed hair. Even though I used the color "True Red," my hair is still pretty dark. It'll take a few rounds before the red really starts to show as red. If you look at my roots, you can see the red-ness.

Proof of self-care...hair is dyed/styled, makeup is on, teeth are clean, bed is made!




My exercise plan is to do something each day. It can be as simple as a walk or stretching and as intense as a program. On this coming Wednesday, I'm going to start the five-day Obsession plan to get ready for 80-Day Obsession that I plan to start on April 16. There is an instagram account that I follow and the girl is going through 80 days starting on the 16th, so I want to start on the same day.

I feel better when I exercise. I know it makes me better.  Not much else can be said about that. Gotta do it. Even when my brain begs me to stay in bed. Gotta do it.  I never finish a workout and say gee, I wish I had skipped that. Gotta do it.

Next step is food. Working on it.

I gave up soda for the year. It was my new year's resolution. I have not cheated. I want soda every day. Over three months in to no soda and the craving is as strong as ever. I don't understand people who say the craving disappears. It hasn't for me.

The next thing I need to give up is candy. And sugar. It does nothing for me. I'm starting that today. No more candy or sweet treats for the rest of the year. (I just finished off the bags of candy I bought last night.)

Friday morning. Hair is not done...yet. I have a doctor appointment. Let's just say that being a female and getting older are not always fun. This appointment will give me options for the next steps in getting older and dealing with health changes. Sigh.

I think these are some good starts for "Project Feel Better Heather."  The name clearly needs to be a work in progress!

No comments: