Thursday, December 29, 2011

There is no test to run - but there is a test in algebra



Distance: 3.14 miles total/2.6 running - 11:15 avg. pace

I sent the kids to daycare today, got my nails done, and then spent most of the day at work.

My partner teacher is not coming back due to pregnancy, so I'll be adding a few classes to my schedule: algebra and pre-algebra. I like math. I also like teaching math. I'm looking forward to the changes.

Still, that means changes. I spent quite a bit of time today going over lesson plans to be ready for next Tuesday. I also teach science and social studies. And I am the vice principal. Let's just say, I'm never bored at school!

After hanging out in my classroom all day, I grabbed some chili for lunch, and then set out on a run. I didn't have any plan in mind. I vaguely figured I should be out for at least 30 minutes. I vaguely figured I'd try to do at least 2 miles. I'm pleased to report I succeeded at both vague goals!

It's kind of nice not really worrying about hitting certain numbers. I felt pretty good. It was nice to be alone. I know that contradicts what I said yesterday enjoying having the kids with me, but it was nice to run and only have to worry about myself at intersections!

I also played my music nice and loud. I didn't have to have a conversation or argument with anyone, and I didn't have to scream, "Stop at the corner!!!" I stopped myself at the corners very nicely!

The lesson here is balance. Runs with the kids are nice. Runs without the kids are nice.

I was rather coordinated today as well. Purple shoes, purple shirt, and purple bondi band. Quite the stylish runner I am!

I am also loving the inspirational pictures/quotes that I've been posting. They are perfect for some end of year/new year motivation.

No comments: