Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Two Parts

Distance: 3.5 miles total/3 miles running-11:58 average pace

The kids needed to get out of the house with some activity, so I took them with me on a run. They rode their bikes...slowly...while I panted and chugged along behind them.

We traveled about a mile and a half to a neighborhood one over from ours. A few years ago I found a playground tucked into this neighborhood. I promised Evan that "someday" we'd come back. Well, someday turned out to be today. It only took me two years to keep my promise.

This kids played on the park while I rested on a bench. After a while we went back home.

I am pretty sure I was faster on the trip home. I guess we'll call that a negative split? Maybe? Does it count if you take a 30 minute break on a bench?!


Resting on a bench mid-way through a run. Feeling my pink today! I love pink.

Did three miles. Felt pretty good. Legs are sore tonight. The good kind of sore.

Streak Day #2. I'm on a roll!

3 comments:

TurboTurtle said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your "SLOW" headband--may I ask where you got it? Looks like a must have for the Turbo Turtle blogger!

Heather Forcey said...

I love my headbands as well! They are Bondi Bands. Link is bondiband.com. They soak up sweat like nothing else I've tried. Plus, they have tons of great sayings and pictures! Reasonable prices as well.

TurboTurtle said...

Thanks, Heather! I just checked out the site--I want a TON of those with the sayings! How great!