Friday, May 27, 2011

Push Present?

You know how it is quite popular to get a "push present" after giving birth? Well, I got a "1/2 marathon present" from Eric for successfully completing my first half marathon! It arrived in the mail today!


A 1/2 marathon necklace!

I love it! It is so cute! It is perfect! I don't think I'm going to take it off.


It is a silver circle with "13.1" written on it three times with the cutest little runner girl complete with ponytail hanging in front.

I told Eric I expect a new piece of jewelry every time I finish a 1/2 marathon from now on!

Eric and I are getting ready to participate in the Memorial Ride tomorrow. We went to Target to look for bike gloves for me. They didn't have any, but I got a pair of knee length running tights. Size medium! And I didn't want to scream in fright when I tried them on in the dressing room! I am probably going to wear them tomorrow on the ride to avoid chafing issues.

I still needed gloves, so we headed across town to Sports Authority. There I got a very cute pair of gloves (because cute is important) and a pair of Nike running shorts for $12 on clearance. They were also a size medium. My current shorts are large and roomy, so I figured for twelve bucks, I could test out a smaller size.


Not bad!


They are slightly more snug than I am used to, but I don't think people will point and laugh.

Anyhow, I am really looking forward to tomorrow. In just one week, this ride has been put together and they are expecting over 200 people. So many people have donated items from food to t-shirts to porta potties! It's neat to see so many people who care. We are offering our pop up shade cover to be used if needed.

I didn't know Crystel, but she was six years behind me at Chowchilla High. That alone makes me want to participate. I also bought a red tech shirt to wear tomorrow because Crystel's favorite color was red. So is mine.

I'll post tomorrow about the experience.

No comments: