Monday, May 2, 2011

Trying to Find My Motivation

Distance: 2.1 miles
Time: 30 minutes

I lost my motivation. I am really trying hard to find it. I'm stressing out about it. I'm trying to stay calm about it.

I had a fantastic four mile run in Monterey on Monday. I had a mediocre five mile run at home in the heat on Wednesday. And then things fell apart.

I don't even remember my reasons for skipping my runs for four days. Saturday was tough because my husband and my little guy were throwing up. I was "on call" for the day. Sunday I was just tired and dreading going back to work after being on vacation for a week.

I sucked it up and did a very short run today. I'm trying to tell myself that some is better than none. I can always do more tomorrow.

And with that, I need to go grade a whole mess of essays because progress reports go home tomorrow.

Month of May...it is only day two and you are already kicking my butt.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

We all have off days but I know you will shake this off and continue kicking butt like you have been!