Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trying

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 1:08:00

I am trying so hard to get over my little slump. Trying, trying, trying.

I'm not sure why I got into a two-week slump, but I did. Life got super busy and stressful. No excuse, but it factored into it nonetheless.

I've got one week until my half marathon. I am trying not to beat myself up for falling apart during my last two weeks of training. I was supposed to run 10 miles this weekend. It didn't happen. If I'm being completely honest, I knew I wasn't going to do the ten.

However, I am proud that I got on the treadmill and moved my body 5 miles. It wasn't all running, but that is okay.

I am going to follow the final week of my training plan, keep my spirits up, have a good attitude and enjoy my first ever half marathon next Sunday!

And hey, I can look at it this way: if I run a really crappy race, I can look forward to bettering my time with later halves!

In other random news, one of the hooks on my super sturdy 11-hook running bra broke! Oh no! This bra is not what I would call dainty, but then again, that's not a word I'd use to describe my chest either! Let's just say I need support.

The Enell bra certainly keeps things from moving around, and it has lasted for over a year. Eric ordered me another one, so I'll have two. No one will ever see them because they aren't "cute" like regular sports bras. They look like sturdy underwear...or a vest. I chose pink anyhow, because then I'll feel cute on the inside!

Anyhow, a hook broke, so I'm down to 10 hooks. Less work to get this puppy on I guess.

I must be nesting or something because I spent a good part of the weekend cleaning, and it feels good to get the house back into a nicer state. (No, I'm not pregnant. Just spring cleaning.)

I hit rock bottom with the house on Saturday morning when Child #1 couldn't find his soccer shin guards amidst the massive mess in the family room. It just made me crazy, and it was the last straw.

Once we got home from the game, I started doing load after load after load of laundry. And it all got put away. I gotta say, I love starting the week with clean clothes. That means no running around mid week looking for clean underwear. Evan has plenty of uniforms, and I don't have to Febreeze something I really want to wear.

This morning I started cleaning the kids' playroom. Took a couple hours, but it's clean. It's a really nice room when it's clean. I cleared out tons of stuff. They just don't play with a lot of their toys, and they don't need a lot of toys. I feel no guilt. They were having fun today with some of the stuff they rediscovered.

I also went grocery shopping. I didn't want to, but just like having clean clothes for the week, it is nice to start the week off with plenty of food. No running around on Monday figuring out what to have for dinner. I already have stuff on hand.

So to recap: I'm getting my home life back in order, trying to get my health/running back on track, and trying to get through four more weeks of school. Ugh.

One last random fact for today, I just watched Easy A on Netflix and thought it was pretty funny. It helped me get through five miles. Time for a quick shower and bed.

I wish the weekend could go on and on.

1 comment:

BeckyK said...

Which half are you running? Best of luck--you've worked really hard. Just enjoy they day.