Sunday, May 29, 2011

Um, we are going to call this one Recovery Run #2

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 42 min.
Run: 2 miles at 10:44 pace, 1 mile running/walking 12:11 pace

I VASTLY overestimated my ability to recover from a 27 mile bike ride yesterday and figured I could easily run three miles today. Um, yeah, not so much.

That bike ride kicked my butt. Seriously. I felt like I had been run over by a truck. By late afternoon I could barely keep my eyes open. In fact, I didn't. I took a short nap but still felt like death warmed over.

I got a good night's sleep and headed out this morning around 9:30. The weather was 53 degrees and quite breezy. A mile or so into the run, I knew I hadn't fueled properly, especially considering yesterday's effort. Sigh. A Fiber Plus bar just wasn't going to cut it this morning.

I ran a solid two miles before allowing myself to take it easy for the third mile. My training for the Salinas half doesn't officially start until tomorrow anyhow! We are definitely going to call this Recovery Run #2. Nice and easy.


A view up one side of the road.


Clearly I am excited to be out running!


View on the way back. The clouds were gorgeous this morning.


My leg. And my new pair of shorts. Sometimes I look at my leg or my arm and wonder where it came from. It's taking a little time to get used to a slimmer version of myself.

We had to do a bit of shopping for the 8th grade graduation party that my 7th grade class puts on, and while we were out I stopped in at Old Navy to look for smaller jeans. The ones I had on were getting saggy. Eric doesn't like saggy butt jeans!


Size 10! Yay! I feel rather cute in them! I loved the top, but it was $25. I'm too much of a cheapskate to spend $25 on a shirt. Hopefully these fluttery little tops will go on sale at the end of summer.


I took these pictures and texted them to Eric. He approved. Or should I say he liked 'em a lot?


This is the outfit I got: jeans, a tank top for $5, and a striped and slightly ruffled shirt for $8.


Side view. I'm not used to layering my shirts. I always seem to catch onto trends a few years after they start. However, I had to layer the striped shirt with the tank top because it is a bit low cut. In any case, I love my new outfit.

And in news totally unrelated to my funky run or my shopping trip, here are two photos from my half marathon that Eric took with his phone.


I am mid way on the home stretch in the blue shirt.


I am right under the "S" in the blue shirt and pink hat...if you can make out the color.

I love the fact that I am off tomorrow. Three day weekends are the best!

2 comments:

BeckyK said...

I laughed when I saw you head band--those are my sentiments most runs. Too funny!

The Green Girl said...

You are looking amazing, girl! I'm so glad you are having so much fun shopping for clothing.