Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Felt Good Tonight

Running Log:
2.033 miles - 30 min.
Interval #2 on treadmill
Interval speeds of 4.8, 4.9, 5.0, 5.1, and 5.2
Arm strength training 3 min. 8 lb. weights

I spent the entire day with my mom, and it was heavenly. What is it about being with mom that feels so comforting? I made the wise choice to leave the two little people at daycare. I got to relax in my childhood home, laugh so hard I couldn't breathe, and enjoy both breakfast and lunch with my mom without having to watch two little boys. A perfect day.

I left my run until late tonight, but I was pretty motivated to do it. I didn't feel like I was dragging like I usually do when I wait until after 9 p.m. to run.

Could I possibly be getting my stamina back? Please?!

When I run outside, I am consistently able to run at an 11:30 mi/min. pace. I would really like to increase that to a 10:00 pace. I'm not sure if this is an attainable goal for the year. I don't know enough about running to gauge whether or not shaving 90 seconds off of a mile is a short term goal or a long term goal. Anyhow, it's what I'd like to be able to accomplish.

I really don't even want to consider training for a 1/2 or a marathon unless I can run a 10 minute mile. Maybe that thinking is off as well. Even running a 10 minute mile puts me at running for over two hours for a half marathon. And that is a really long time to run.

On another note, the pain in my hip that I never mentioned before was nearly gone today. Maybe the stretching I have been doing over the past couple of days is actually helping. The pain was so bad I was hobbling around like a 90-year-old lady. Today it felt good.

Run: good. No hip pain: good. Day with mom: great!

No comments: