Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Run With Boys

Day 4 No Soda
Running Log:
3.1 miles - 40:06
Avg. speed - 12:56/mile
Max speed - 10:33/mile
Leg strength training 3 min. 8 lb. weights



Today the boys joined me for my 3.1 mile run. Actually, I should call it my 3.1 mile walk/run. I am definitely not used to pushing 70 pounds of BOY, a jog stroller, two blankets, and all their assorted gear. Even with all that and having to stop to walk every four minutes, I still managed to finish the run in about 40 minutes. That was my time for my first 5K back in October when I ran with nothing but my flailing arms and legs!

And like any good mom who needs her kids to maintain for 40 minutes, I plied them each with a box of candy. Man, the little one would eat candy constantly if I let him. He is seriously my kid.

Evan was happy because he had his MP3 and candy. Hudson was happy because he had his new computer and candy. Mom was happy because I managed to get my run done early.

I still feel so slow, but I have to look at the progress I have made. Three months ago, I never would have been able to run 3.1 miles in 40 minutes pushing the boys. I must be getting stronger. Long term goals at work here!


Yeah, I'm not so good with the self-portraits. It was tough trying to get all three of us in the shot.


This is the view I had for most of the run. At some moments during the run, the boys were being so still and quiet that I would yell their names to make sure they were alive and breathing! I guess they were just in a candy stupor.


Hi boys!


This is not my street, but it is my neighborhood. It was an overcast and drizzly morning. Even still, I got hot with my jacket on and had to remove it pretty quickly into my run.

On a separate note, today was a really tempting day for soda. After running and showering, the kids and I went to Me N Ed's for some pizza before heading to the zoo. Usually fast food places with a soda fountain will have a light lemonade or punch to choose from. The choices today were terrible.

There were the usual regular sodas, one diet, and one sugary tea. No juice. I couldn't choose the sodas because I gave it up. I couldn't choose the tea because it has caffeine, and I gave that up as well. I ended up drinking water with lemon. I so badly wanted to take a sip of Evan's root beer, but I resisted. I should have brought my enhanced water inside in my purse. That would have been a much better option.

No comments: