Thursday, December 31, 2009

Unintended Rest Day

Running Log:
Rest Day

This will probably be my lament for the next year. I intended to run earlier, but life got in the way.

I woke up and took Hudson to daycare. Evan and I planned to spend the day together. I should have come home, ran, and then moved on with the day. That didn't happen. I got ready at a leisurely pace, and then Evan and I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks and then on to bowling with school friends.

I had to run to the grocery store yet again. I've been there four days in a row. Let's just say I didn't plan ahead this week.

I fully intended to run once I got home at 3:30. However, Eric was home, and we decided to go get haircuts. We picked up Hudson, and all four of us got a trim.

I fully intended to run once I got home at 5:00. I didn't anticipate a long phone conversation with my sister.

Now it's New Year's Eve, and I really don't feel like running. I feel like eating my snacks and drinking my Smirnoff's. (It would be wasteful to not drink them.) My usual rest day is on Friday, but I think I'm going to move it to today. I am okay with that though, because I will start the new year off with exercise.

My biggest goal in terms of exercise and health are just to be more consistent. I am off to a good start with three months of running and giving up soda. I would certainly love to get faster, and hopefully my consistency will help with that.

Here's to a healthier new year!

No comments: