Sunday, July 17, 2011

Eight Miles Hurts...

...after skipping every run this week. I skipped what was supposed to be 14 miles of running. I didn't have any energy all week. I was lethargic, grumpy, hot, and tired.

I felt guilty about not running, but not guilty enough to get off my butt and do it.

We just got back from Monterey less than an hour ago. The weather was amazing. Cool, foggy and overcast in the mornings, sunny and 65 in the afternoon, and cool and foggy at night. My kind of heaven.

I woke up on Saturday morning and ran 8 miles. It was supposed to be 12, but I figured 8 was decent.

I hurt sooooo badly today! I'm not sure if it was the 8 miles after a week of inactivity or the fact that the last half mile of the run was straight uphill to my SIL's house where we were staying. In any case, my thighs are screaming.

I indulged and acted like a complete sloth for a week. It's now time to get back in gear starting tomorrow.

As hard as it is to come back home to the heat, I know that Eric and I will be back to the cool weather in just three weeks for my half marathon in Salinas. I am pretty excited. I intend to train well for the next three weeks so I go into the race feeling prepared rather than scared.

I hope to have more time tomorrow to write about our trip. I think I have a few photos as well.

No comments: