Saturday, July 30, 2011

Don't Regret It

Distance: 8.0 miles/11:48 pace

Today was a classic case of living out my motto...I never regret the runs I do, but I do regret the ones runs I skip. Or something to that effect.

My alarm went off at 6, and every fiber of my being begged me to NOT go run 8 miles. I even killed over an hour eating, web surfing, and staring at the wall.

There were two things that got me out the door. One was the above motto. The second thing was knowing I'd feel unprepared next Saturday trying to run my half. I fell off the training wagon for two weeks, sort of got back on this past week, and knew I needed to get in one more decent long run before next weekend.

In any case, I maintained less than a 12 minute mile and made it back without collapsing in my driveway. I certainly didn't want to run five more miles, but I was okay after running today.

I am looking forward to next week's race and hope to improve my time.

I also wore my new shoe for the first time today. They felt fine, but I have to admit, I'm not crazy about the gray color. I just have a thing for white. Oh well. In another 400 miles I can get a new pair!

1 comment:

kcochran said...

You did it, you ran when you didn't feel motivated to do so. Been there, done that. Yeah, 8 miles! I am working on getting to 5's consistently. You continue to inspire me.