Saturday, July 23, 2011

Late Run

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 46 min./3 mile run at 12 minute pace on treadmill

I'm in a slump. This would normally not be too big of a deal except for the fact that I am running my second 1/2 marathon in two weeks. Yikes!

I was doing sooooooo well two weeks ago. I ran 11 miles on two Saturdays ago and then just lost ALL motivation. I didn't do any running the week after the 11. Then we were in Monterey last weekend. I ran 8 miles. It hurt. Once again, I skipped ALL running (and all physical activity for that matter) for the entire week. Ugh.

I also had a really BAD weigh in at Weight Watchers. I cried. I haven't done that in the nearly 8 months we've been going. Bad stuff.

I nearly skipped running today. But I didn't. I got my butt on the treadmill and ran three miles. I gave myself a break and kept it at a slow and steady 12 minute pace. I didn't stop for any walk breaks. Thank goodness.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the next two weeks leading up to the half, but I know I don't want to get there and feel awful about my training.

I'm not sure what is the cause of my slump. Too much running, heat, laziness? Not sure. Don't care right this minute because I just finished 3 miles and it's almost midnight. I need to get to bed because Eric and I are going on a long bike ride tomorrow. It will be my first time using my clip shoes. I sure hope I don't fall!

No comments: