Sunday, February 6, 2011

Am I Crazy?

Distance: 3.52 miles
Time: 45 minutes
Actual running: 2.94 miles/11:54 avg. pace

I felt fairly sluggish today, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that I ran farther than yesterday and still maintained my less than 12 minute mile pace goal. Once again, I ran a slightly different route than yesterday. I ran past the same dad and daughter three times! I wanted to tell him that I really wasn't stalking him!

In other news, I am 99% sure that I am going to sign up for a half marathon on May 22. I am actually pretty excited about this!



Husband was looking at bike races online, and he found THIS. It is 15 weeks away. That is plenty of time to work in a 12-week training plan. I feel crazy, but pumped about it. Can I do this? Why do I want to?

First question: Can I do this? Sure I can! I may have to walk, but that's okay. The information said it is a walker friendly course, so even if I have to stop and walk, big deal. I can certainly finish. Who cares about time?! (Okay, let's be honest...I do care about time, but I think finishing is the bigger goal.)

Second question: Why do I want to? Because it's a challenge. Because I've never pushed myself this physically hard...ever. Because not a lot of people can say they have run 13.1 miles. Because I want to conquer running. Because it actually sounds fun to me. Because I hear about other people doing this, and I am jealous and want to be a part of it. Because it makes me feel strong.

I think the reasons for wanting to do this far outweigh the craziness! And besides, I'll get to run THROUGH Fresno Chaffee Zoo. I am a frequent visitor of this zoo, so it would be pretty cool to be running through it on a course!


Hudson at the zoo last summer.


Hudson and me at the zoo for a special date.

I told Husband to sign me up.

Crazy or not, I'm going to do this!

And I think I need to start wearing sunscreen on runs from now on. Sunscreen or a hat. My snow white skin is getting a little too pink from being outside for 40 minutes. It is a beautiful 60 degree day outside. Just gorgeous.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

You look really pretty in that shot at the zoo!

I can't believe soon I'll be cycling, too. Crazy.