Saturday, February 12, 2011

Three Miles

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 43:14 minutes
Run: 3 miles/11:31 avg pace

I did it! I ran three miles. There is an eensy tiny part of me that feels like it kinda sorta doesn't count because I had to stop a few times. Twice for stoplights, once to answer a text, and once to call Husband to ask him if he'd pick me up if I just kept running straight (as opposed to turning around and coming home).

Then there is this HUGE part of me that says, Heck Yeah, I just ran three miles! Who cares if I had to stop a few times? It wasn't like I took 90 minute breaks in between. More like 30-45 second breaks.

I felt pretty good except for being hot.

Eric and the boys got me some new running tights and two new running shirts for my birthday yesterday. I wore the tights and the long sleeve shirt this morning. The temperature was in the upper 50's, but the sun was shining brightly. It made it seem warmer than it really was.

I'm not complaining about the sun, I'm just saying it was hot! I ended up holding my headband all the way.

Oh, and I ended up not needing Eric to come pick me up. Rather than turn around and run back the way I came from the halfway point, I just kept going around the huge blocks. I left my neighborhood from the back entrance and went home through the front. It was nearly a perfect 3.5 mile loop.

I plan to run for 40 minutes tomorrow, and three miles each on Tuesday and Thursday. Then I have a race on Saturday. I feel ready.

I should have taken a picture of my new outfit. Maybe later I'll upload some photos.