Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ugh

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 45:42
Run: 3.0 miles at a mostly 5.1 speed

Today was one of those workouts where I really had to talk myself into getting on the treadmill. It was one where I really had to remind myself of my favorite saying that "you never regret the runs you do, but you regret the ones you don't."

Three miles are in the books. It wasn't pretty. I even had to stop the treadmill for a bit and walk a few laps around the island in the kitchen. Then I got back on and slogged through 3/4 of a mile more.

I don't know. I sort of feel like I could have vegged on the couch and not regretted it tonight! Eh, that's not really true. As always, I am glad I ran.

I am feeling the effects of a terrible headache from earlier today. I am also wishing for my weekend back. I'm just feeling whiny.

Okay, enough blathering. Run is done. I'm not officially training for the half yet, but I'm going to do week 1 for two or three weeks until the real training starts. Tomorrow is only two miles. I am looking forward to that!

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Hey, at least you got it in and you got back on, right?

I hope your head feels better.