Sunday, February 20, 2011

Good Day

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 3.5 miles of running with an average pace of 11:17

A great friend of mine took me out to the movies and lunch for my birthday. We saw Just Go With It. We both liked it. Very cute.

Then we had tepan yaki. Good stuff. I ate every bite.

Husband and I had talked about a run/bike ride for the late afternoon. We loaded up the bikes and headed over to the trail where I had my race yesterday. I had 3.5 miles on the schedule for today.

The boys rode ahead and I chugged along. I felt pretty good, especially considering I had a fast run yesterday and was full from Japanese food.

Child #1 fell off his bike after hitting a curb at the 2 mile turn around. A few hugs and a few tough love pats and we were on our way again.

I really like the trail we were on. I've seen the trail when we have driven past it, but it's really nice to run on. I feel like there's this whole section of town waiting to be explored. It's also nice to change up my run. I think I like running in new places.

I took my camera, but I only took two pictures. I didn't even bother to upload them. I don't think I'll be a runner who runs with a camera. I already hold my phone/music as it is. I guess I'll just have to stop to take a steady picture with my iphone every once in a while.

We came home, all took showers, and had a great dinner of salmon and salad. Quite the nice day.

1 comment: