Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Clothes/Furthering My Run

Distance: 4.25 miles
Time: 51:08 minutes
Run: 3.75 miles/Avg. pace in the 11-11:30 range. I messed up the Garmin and didn't get an accurate reading for the full run. Oh well. I like where I am at.

Distance 2/26: 1.0 mile

Yesterday I thought the kids had a doctor appointment. I was wrong. It got rescheduled, and I didn't change that information in my phone. Since we were on that side of town, we hit up Sports Authority to get Child #1 some track shoes.

We didn't buy the kid shoes and opted to go to the running store to get him properly fitted. I'd rather spend a little more and know that he's in proper shoes for his stride.

However, we ended up buying me some new shorts. I have two pairs that I can't stand. They always bunch up in between my legs and feel so uncomfortable. I've heard good things about Nike Tempo shorts, so when I saw them on clearance, I figured I could risk $12 to see if I liked them.

I also got an Under Armor shirt for $12. I certainly don't mind if the clothes are last season. Although the new colors and patterns for this spring are awfully cute!


For once I didn't feel hideous in shorts. I think I like them.


Child #1 wanted to test his new shoes, so I took him out on a 1/2 mile jog in the neighborhood. I wore my shorts. They didn't bunch up. I felt cute...and we all know that is important! I didn't wear the shirt because it was really cold, but I came home and changed into the shirt to do my 40 minutes on the elliptical. Again, the shorts stayed put.

Oh, and Evan did great running a 1/2 mile. We maintained a 12 minute mile pace.

Today's run was good. I felt pretty strong. I wore my new hat and held my new water bottle for this run. It is going to take some getting used to running with a water bottle, but I know it will be nice come hotter weather. It just made my hand freezing cold today. I think the boys drank more of my water than I did.


Post run. New hat. Did a good job soaking up sweat. This hat might be my new best friend. I look sad or grumpy in this photo.


So here's one with a little smile.

We had dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. Those darn blueberry muffins get me every time. I had two. I should have had one. At least I didn't have five.

No comments: