Saturday, February 5, 2011

Increase

Distance: 3.25 miles

I ran 2.75 miles in 32:10 today. I think it was an 11:43 pace. I was pretty happy because my goal is to always run less than 12 minute miles.

Since my mileage is increasing, I decided to leave the neighborhood today! Yes people, I ventured outside of my familiar streets that have been seen my butt run up and down for the past 8 weeks. It was getting to the point where I was doubling back on various streets in my neighborhood, so I decided to run on the outside main artery streets.

Our blocks are pretty big here, and each side is a 1/2 mile long. My route today was perfect, and I finished the 2.75 miles about five minutes from my house.

It was quite refreshing to have some new scenery. I need to do this more often, and I probably will because I'm going farther and farther.

The family didn't ride their bikes with me while I ran because Child #1 is sick, and Child #2 is coughing. They've been cooped up all day, and it shows. At least I got to get out for a bit of glorious sunshine.

Our house was cold, so I put on a long sleeved running shirt. However, the moment I stepped outside, I realized how warm it was, so I turned around and went right back in to change into short sleeves.

We are all geared up for the SuperBowl tomorrow. Teriyaki ribs and flank steak. Yummers.

I have a race in two weeks, so next Saturday I'll up my mileage to three miles so I'll be ready for the 5K the week after. I'm feeling strong!

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Whoo hoo! Sounds like you are ready for your race!