Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big Loss!

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 33:10 minutes
Run: 2 miles/11:35 avg pace

Wednesdays are my "easy" training day. I was looking forward to only having to run two miles all day! I wanted to accomplish a good run after feeling like crap during yesterday's run.

Mission mostly accomplished.

Child #1 did his thing while I jumped on the treadmill. I started out at a speed of 5.5, and each minute I lowered it by a tenth. 5.5, 5.4, 5.3, 5.2, 5.1 and 5.0. I did this pattern two times through. That got me through the first mile. Then I started to feel a little worn out.

I finished out the second mile at a speed of 5.1.

I know I've said this before, but why oh why does 5.1 on the treadmill feel like I am sprinting, while I can easily run faster than that outside? Ugh.

*************************************************

Once I was done exercising, I took a quick bath and got ready for our Weight Watcher meeting.

Last week I gained 1.8 pounds. I don't think I even mentioned it here on the blog. It's not that I was devastated or ashamed. I just didn't write about it. I was not surprised with the gain at all. Field trip pizza, surprise birthday party from kids, birthday hot wings, getting sick, and eating comfort food in the form of Olive Garden bread sticks added up to a gain.

However, I redoubled my efforts and got back to basics this week. And it paid off!

I lost 6.2 pounds this week! That brings me to a total of 25.8 pounds lost! Wow! I got my 25 pound charm. Funny how much those little things mean to me. Between the husband and me, we have lost nearly 60 pounds together! That's equivalent to our 6-year-old!

Oh it feels so good to lose and lose big! It also feels good to work hard throughout the week and make good choices and SEE RESULTS!

Decent run. Fantastic loss. Good day.

Oh, and my 8th graders did well on their Constitution Test. That also made my day!

No comments: