Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mental Training

Distance: 4.5 miles
Run: 4 miles/5.0 speed

I could have run faster tonight, but I didn't feel like it. I just set the treadmill at a 5.0 pace (12 minute mile) and ran.

Granted, when I run at a slightly slower pace, it takes me that much longer to finish. I used the time to train my brain. Sometimes I think my brain needs more training than my body.

I was pretty tired by the end of the run, but I never thought about stopping. Okay...I never seriously thought about stopping! I knew I'd be able to finish.

The best part about tonight's run? I'm done with exercise for two days! Tomorrow is my rest day. I'll cross train on Saturday. I'll race on Sunday.

I drove over to the running store after my PT appointment today and signed the boys and myself up for a race on Sunday. I'll be doing four miles. The boys will each run a 1/4 mile.

Child #2 is still awake. I need to put him to bed and follow shortly after.