Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sweet Vacation

Ahhh, vacation! I love vacation! I don't like to proclaim online before heading out of town, because that is just like announcing, "Hey, we aren't home. Come rob us!" But now we are home, and I can share.

We got everything packed on Saturday night (after my amazing 10 mile race!) and headed out of town on Sunday. We stopped for Easter Sunday church service to watch my nephew receive his First Communion. Then we had a quick lunch with my mom, sis, future BIL, and future niece. The nephews were unfortunately with their dad for the holiday.

We headed out of town by 2ish and made it to Monterey before 5. And it was AWESOME!


Not the best photo, but it was our first peek at the ocean. I love it when we come around on Hwy 1 and start seeing glimpses of blue. It instantly calms and relaxes me.

We checked into our hotel. Spacious, vaulted ceilings and a fireplace. Nice!

Since it was still pretty early, I wanted to do something. Anything. So we parked at a little lot in between the wharf and Cannery Row and got out the bikes for a ride.


This picture is from our bike ride on Tuesday, but this is how I look in my new helmet. I figure since we are doing more and more rides, I better be safe along with the rest of the family.

We took off for an evening ride along the coastline. We rode all the way into Pacific Grove and got to see the seals with their pups. Pretty cool!

We turned around and rode back to the car and spent an hour running around the lawn area with a soccer ball. The kids had so much fun laughing and chasing after mom and dad. Eric and I were a bit in awe of ourselves for spending a day being so active with the kids. It makes me feel like a better parent to be able to run around with my kids.

I even raced Evan, and darn it if that little speedster didn't beat me! He is FAST. I blame my loss on the fact that I wasn't wearing my proper running bra. Wind resistance man!

I have more to share, but need to download photos from the other camera.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.2 miles
Time: 59:59
Run: 5 miles/56:19/11:16 avg pace

No comments: