Saturday, April 16, 2011

Seven!!

Total Distance: 7.5 miles
Run: 7 miles
Time: 1:20:11/11:27 avg pace

I did it! I ran seven miles today! By myself!

We have such a busy weekend that I knew if I didn't get up early this morning, my long run wouldn't get done. I set my alarm for the usual 5:41, hit snooze once, and got up at 5:50.

I got dressed, ate a Fiber Plus bar, drank a little bit of Diet Coke, and headed out at about 6:20 a.m.

I'm not going to lie, I was nervous about the distance, but I did it. I stopped at mile 3.5 to try Gu Chomps. They were pretty tasty, but by mile 6, my stomach wasn't too happy. I'm not sure if it was because of the Chomps or not. I did think the taste and the aftertaste were much better than the Sports Beans I tried a few weeks ago. I still need to give Cliff Shot Blocks a try as well. I have a long race next Saturday, so I'll probably give them a go there.

Once I got home, I soaked in ice for 15 minutes, and then I had to get ready for a track meet. We spent three hours in the sun watching Kid #1 race. He did really well and even gets to move on to the next track meet for the 100 relay.

Now I'm going to relax and watch The Fast and the Furious. I love this movie!

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

Whoo hoo! I knew you could do it!

BeckyK said...

Way to go!!!!!! You have got to be feeling great about your accomplishment!