Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5 Hot Miles

Distance: 5.0 miles
Time: 58 minutes

I set my alarm to get up early and head out running by 5:30. I woke up before the alarm went off, shut off the alarm, and slept until 6:30.

On one hand, it would have been much cooler to run at 5:30, but on the other hand, I got an extra hour of sleep. Even though I'm technically on vacation, I'm teaching summer school, and the heat is draining me. We haven't exactly been resting around here.

Once summer school was over, I headed home for a quick lunch. Then I got on the treadmill to do the five miles I should have done this morning. It was hot. It was long. But it's done.

Running is hard. Sometime I wonder why I keep doing it. All I can come up with is that I love how I feel when I've completed a good run, and I want to conquer this tough sport. Or at least get better!

We are in the middle of a heat wave here with temps at 105ish. Miserable hot. We try to keep the air conditioner set between 78 and 82, so that makes it hot to run inside.

I cannot wait for November with 50 degree running temperatures.

I also did arm and abs. Win.

To make up for the heat, I at least had a good weigh-in at Weight Watchers. I weighed early because of swimming lessons for the kids, and I lost 3.4 pounds! I'm now down to 150.6. I am .7 away from being in the 140's! Oh how I want to see the 140's. I'm glad my hard work paid off this week.

Now onto good choices for next week.

No comments: