Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hives

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 31:21/10:28 avg

I had spaghetti and lasagna for dinner. Then I went out for a 3 mile run. Then I got home and broke into massive amounts of hives from head to toe.

I have pretty severe allergies. I'm on shots and medication. I am allergic to certain foods, but the only ones I really avoid are shellfish because they can kill me.

However, I always forget that if I eat tomato based foods and then exercise, the chances of me breaking out in hives increase significantly. Tonight they were bad.

I've got Benadryl running through my system along with a cool bath. The itching is finally subsiding.

P.S. I also ran 1.3 miles this morning. I meant to do three, but quit. I'm pleased I got the three done tonight, even if I am itchy and uncomfortable. Child #1 and I need to get our allergy shots tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

That's interesting about the combination of the tomato-based food and exercise.

I struggle with allergies, too, so I can relate.