Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wedding Day



Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:31ish/11:18 avg pace

We had a lot going on today with my sister's wedding, so I needed to get my long run out of the way early. I intended to go to bed at a decent hour last night, but I ended up staying up way too late reading The Help. (So good it was hard to put down.)

My alarm went off at 5:21, I got up slowly, and after eating a Fiber Plus bar, I was out the door by 6:15. I was a little anxious to be running 8 miles alone and wondering if I'd be able to convince myself to keep going strong. Thankfully, a good attitude helped me have a good run.

Some things to note about this run:

1. I wore my tight spandex pants that hit right below the knee. I usually wear these for biking. I wanted to avoid inner thigh chafing. I didn't wear underwear. I should have. Let's just say seams were bothering me for the first part of the run. Luckily I got involved in focusing on breathing, so I wasn't paying as much attention to seams later in the run.

2. People honked at me. Twice. Weird. But I'll take it as a compliment. At least no one yelled at me rudely out of a car like a few weeks ago.

3. A certain song can really move you along. How sad is it that I can't even remember the song right now, and I am too lazy to look it up?! But I repeated the song at least four times.

4. I used my new Camelback water bottle and loved it. I had plenty of water, and it stayed cold all the way home, even with my hot hand holding the bottle.

5. I decided on a plan before the run started (when to eat chomps and stop for walk/water breaks), and I am really proud that I followed my plan! It makes me feel empowered to run strong and have my plan work out. I ran three, walked for water and fuel, ran one and turned around with a quick water walk, ran two, walked for water and fuel, ran one, walked for water, and then finished with the last mile.

6. I tried Honey Stingers for the first time. Liked them. Will buy them again. I don't like jelly beans or Energy Blast things with gel inside. Yuck. Chomps and Stingers are yummy like a giant gummy candy.

7. I felt great all day. I can remember a few months ago when running 8 miles would have given me reason to stay in bed all day sleeping...because I ran eight miles!

Once I got home, I rested for a bit and then got ready for my sister's wedding. It was a very casual and small wedding in the park. The same park where we often go for rides and runs! When I told the boys where we were going, they both said, "We are going to OUR park?" Too funny!


I was the matron of honor.


Me, my sister, and my mom.


Tiffany and Thomas with their kids. Boys belong to my sister, the girl belongs to Thomas, and the baby bump belongs to them both!


Hudson. This face just kills me.


Me and my boys.


The men in my life.

We celebrated the new couple with a fun lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Yum. Then we came home, and I holed up in my room finishing my book. BBQ chicken dinner rounded out a great day.

No comments: