Saturday, June 18, 2011

Biking with Eric

I arranged for an early morning babysitter (don't all teenage babysitters love to come over at 7 a.m?!), and Eric and I took off for a 28 mile bike ride this morning. I had been looking forward to our ride all week.

We both keep marveling at ourselves in that we used to be such couch potatoes. Now we get up voluntarily at 6 a.m. on a weekend to exercise! I gotta say, though, riding a bike doesn't feel like exercise. It feels like fun and being a kid.

We took off by 7:30 and rode all the way out to Woodward Park. Getting to the park itself was a little over 11 miles. Then we did an out and back on the trail where I do a lot of my runs. From there we headed back home. The whole ride took 2 hours and 31 minutes, and according to my Garmin, we kept an 11.3 pace. I would have liked to maintain a 12.0 pace, but oh well. It has to do with Weight Watcher points and how much I can earn for minutes spent exercising. Silly, I know.

We took a few photos at our official turn around point.

The bike I am riding doesn't belong to me. It belongs to a lady that Eric works with, and she doesn't use it anymore. I asked if I could borrow it to test it out. This morning was the test run.


Hanging out with my new bike...or new to me. The longer I rode, the more comfortable I felt. Now I need clip shoes. And a jersey. And bike shorts. And and and!!













We had a lot of fun. The best part is that I'm not nearly as tired as I was after the last long ride that I did. Good thing because we have several things to get done this afternoon including signing up for a 6 mile run tomorrow.

I'm already looking forward to my next ride! Could there be a triathlon in my future? It's not out of the realm of possibilities and dreams.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Love how you guys did this together.

Sounds like a triathlon is a definite possibility in your future, girl!