Thursday, June 23, 2011

Decent

Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 33:28/11:10

I dragged myself out of bed this morning and did three miles. While this wasn't my best time for three miles, I did have some successes I want to write about.

I seriously doubt that I'll ever consider running three miles to be "easy." However, I ran today without worrying about pace. I just ran. Okay, I glanced every so often at the Garmin, but I didn't let the numbers affect me. I was really trying to stay in touch with how I was feeling.

I noticed that my lungs weren't burning, I was managing to keep fairly even, steady breaths, and that my legs felt strong. Success!

Another positive this morning is that I ran the entire three miles without stopping. Up til now, I have been allowing myself to completely stop and rest at the half way point or some other random point that I deem necessary. Not today. I hit the half, turned fast and kept going. Success!

Once I got home, I worked out my legs. Now I get to rest until Saturday morning. I have a long run of 8 miles on the schedule. My plan is to get them done early because my sister is getting married at 11 a.m. I don't want 8 miles hanging over my head all weekend.

And now I am off to shower and get ready for jury duty. Ick. I really don't like going downtown, unless it is for a race!

No comments: