Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Eat...then run

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: Just under 48 minutes/just under 12 minute miles

I started out fairly strong this morning and managed to run two miles in less than 22 minutes.

Then I turned around to run home and saw stars. I forgot to eat breakfast.

I'm not sure if "forgot" is quite the right word. I chose not to eat breakfast. I woke up at 5:30 and was out the door by 6. I am in no mood to eat that early. However, if I am going to choose to run early to beat the heat, I guess I better choose to fuel myself with food to sustain any sort of run.

Ugh. You'd think after two years of running I'd be a bit more careful with stuff like this.

Oh, and the only reason I ran outside this morning rather than on the treadmill is because Child #1 told me to go outside because he didn't want the treadmill noise interfering with his cartoon watching! Hmmmph.

I'm going to start leaving a granola bar and a banana on my nightstand. That way I can wake up at 5:30, lie in bed and eat, and then get up and be out the door at 6. I have to be back by 7 before Eric leaves for work. It's a finely tuned system we've got going on here!

Maybe I'll just save strength training for the evenings since there's not that much on tv to watch.

And no, I haven't uploaded pictures yet. Apparently walking the 40 steps to my bedroom to get the proper cord to plug into the laptop is too difficult for me to manage.

One of these days I'm going to get my whole life in order! And right now, I need to type up lesson plans for summer school. That starts Monday.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

So glad to hear you've got a routine that's working for you - and you only need a few minor tweaks!