Monday, June 6, 2011

Vacation Run

Distance: 4 miles/10:35 avg. pace

We were in Moorpark (southern CA) this weekend to attend the bridal shower for our nephew's fiance. I was determined to get my "long" run in. We didn't get down there until midnight on Friday night and enjoyed festivities all day Saturday.

After our family dinner, I let my stomach settle, and then Eric rode his bike slowly with me while I ran. I would have gotten lost amidst all those crazy streets!

I had a GREAT run! Love those kind. The kind where you actually feel successful.

There were hills (at least they felt like hills to me!), but I powered through them. I also ran sans music. I figured since Eric was kind enough to poke along on his bike with me, I might as well talk to him.

I've got to get a running buddy, because the miles fly by so much faster when there is someone to talk to. The few times I've run races with my friend Elaine and now this weekend proves to me I run well with others!

I've got three miles scheduled for tonight. I am toying with the idea of making Monday my "speed" workout day. I put it in quotes, because speed for me is anything around the 10 minute pace mark. But maybe I might push myself. Who knows?

It's the last week of school. Yay! Child #1 was supposed to go on a field trip to a local fun park, but due to the chance of thunderstorms, it was cancelled. That was a bummer. Instead Eric picked the two of us up and took us to lunch. Then he and Evan hung out for the afternoon getting ice cream and playing catch. I went back to work, finished report cards, organized awards, added up CJSF scores, and figured out honor roll! Fun stuff.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Congratulations on getting in your long run on vacation! I'm very impressed.