Monday, June 20, 2011

Race and Run

Yesterday's Father's Day run was good. I felt like I had a decent time and pace at 10:54/mile. Now if I could maintain this pace for a half!


Before the race. I pinned my number on crooked. I was going to fix it but didn't want to bother with it. I should have, because I kept hitting the left edge with my water bottle. Ugh.

I have to give all the credit to my husband because he woke up at 5:30 a.m. so we could get the kids up and leave the house by 6...on Father's Day of all days! He is such a good sport and my best supporter.

During the race, I ran two miles and then stopped to walk a bit to have some Chomps and water. I ran another mile and walked for water. I took more Chomps at mile 4. Another walk break for water at mile 5. I think I walked for more water between mile 5 and 6, but I can't remember.

A cool part of the race was the finish. The race director was calling out each runner's name as they ran toward the finish line! It was neat hearing my name and city called out over the loud speaker!


Heading to the finish!

I think I go out of my way to clash. I was wearing pink socks, bright orange shorts, a bright blue shirt and a purple bondi band. Yikes! Can't miss me.

Oh, and I'm not flipping off the camera! I was giving my family the sign language "I love you" sign. It's our thing.

I didn't feel like sticking around for the awards or the raffle. I just wanted to head home. Eric took a nap, and I cut out coupons. Exciting, I know.


I also iced my knees. They have been a bit sore after the long bike ride on Saturday.


You can't really tell from this photo, but I had more bloody toes. Same exact spot that gave me trouble during my half. Lesson to self: get pedicure before a long run, not after. It was the toenail from toe #4 that was digging into the skin of toe #3. Crusty blood between toes is not fun.

Later we headed out for lunch at Poppolo's Pizza. Oh my goodness! My best friend, Stacey, was always raving about this place. She and I took all our kids there for dinner a few weeks ago. So yummy! I have a new favorite pizza place. I just wish it was closer to my house.

After pizza, Eric filled my car with gas. I love it when he does this chore so I don't have to.

Then we headed to Old Navy for more clothes for me! Isn't that how you are supposed to spend Father's Day? Shopping for clothes for yourself?!

I picked up three pairs of shorts and two striped shirts. I love stripes.


Outfit #1. Khaki shorts and brownish striped shirt.


Outfit #2. Blue short and blue striped shirt. This shirt is the same as the grey one I bought a few weeks ago. It was cheaper today!


White shorts.

Oh, and since it was Father's Day, Eric got a pair of shorts as well.

It's strange to stand in my closet and realize that there are so many things in there that are simply too big. It's not a bad problem to have, but shopping is not really my thing. At least for summer I now have three pairs of shorts, several dresses, and a few tops.

Eric BBQ'ed delicious steaks last night for dinner. Then I spent time planning for today's first day of Summer School (which went well).


I sent this kissy face photo to Eric today. I love him. He's great. I also am liking my hair darker. It was an accident that I went this dark, but I'm liking the change.

**I ran three miles this morning in exactly 33 minutes. I felt sluggish, but got it done.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Wow, work it, girl! You are doing amazing!