Saturday, November 26, 2011

No Run, Just Decorate

I thought about getting up to run 3 miles. I guess I didn't think hard enough. I had a bit much to drink last night and slept like crap.

The kids woke us up early. I moved from my bed to the family room and watched a bunch of shows on DVR.

Kid #2 kept bugging me to put up Christmas. It's not what I really wanted to do today, but I knew there isn't going to be much spare time over the next three weeks to get it done.


I tried to unpack the Christmas boxes in pieces. I'm not sure if it's better to go box by box or to just haul everything in at once and unload it all.

In any case, I left several boxes unpacked in the shed, and my house still looks like Christmas threw up everywhere. I guess that means I have too many decorations! Maybe I'll rotate them in next Christmas.


One of my favorite decorations. I think my sister gave this one to me a long time ago.

It's neat to get old enough to have had your ornaments for a bit of time. I have some that I bought before I met Eric. It's also fun to see the decorations we bought together. I think our house is pretty special at Christmas time.


Decorating the tree was pretty easy this year. The kids did most of it.


Kid #1 did a good job. Kid #2 was hanging ornaments from the light strands. I'll go back over the tree after the kids go to bed, but they did a pretty good job!

Tomorrow I plan to do a bit of cleaning. Now that most of the house has been dusted, it should be easy to do a bit of organizing.

No comments: