Thursday, November 24, 2011

Trotting

Distance: 3.11 miles
Time: 38:22/12:21 avg. pace

Sucky time. We're going to blame it on the huge crowd getting in my way. Yeah, that's it. It would have been rude to knock over little kids just to get a better time. Heh. Or maybe, just maybe, it had to do with the fact that I'm sort of out of shape, there were hills that I walked, and I'm just slow. Eh, I can only get better. I hope.

I didn't sleep well last night. I should have taken Benadryl, but I didn't think about it. I felt like I woke up 18 times, and then it was hard to get up at 6:15. I think I finally rolled out of bed at 6:45. Looking lovely, I might add.


In the car heading to the park. I've got the best husband who has never missed a race, regardless of how cold and tired he is. I love having a chauffeur.

It was CROWDED getting into the park. It's not usually quite so crazy. I guess everyone wanted to get their sweat on before eating all day. We had to park a ways from the start, but got there in plenty of time. It was chilly, but I remember it being WAY colder two years ago when I ran this race.


One last shot before taking off on a three mile jaunt around the park.


I stand corrected. This is the last shot before taking off. It's my favorite shot. Just my little feet.

I've had these shoes for a few months now. I don't really like them. They fit fine. They feel fine. I just don't like the dark grey and purple color. I'm a white shoe sort of gal. White shoes with pink trim is best.

Anyhow, the run was fine. Except when I got to mile two and realized there was NO WATER. Apparently, slow losers don't get water. Nothing left but empty tables and scattered cups. Rude.

Luckily I wasn't that thirsty.

I was, however, babying a nasty side stitch. I've had problems with this stitch for quite a while. I need to do research to see what can be done about it. I get a pain in that same spot when I'm not even running. Very annoying.

After what felt like me hobbling to the finish line, we took off in search of hot chocolate for the boys and hot cider for me. The girl at Starbucks was super perky. The line in the drive thru was crazy long.

Now we are home watching the Macy's parade. We need to cook a few pies before heading to Chowchilla for festivities at my sister's house.

My throat hurts, but I'm ignoring that. I was already sick at the beginning of this vacation. I don't have the patience to be sick at the end of the vacation.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: