Friday, November 18, 2011

Week Is Over

Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 22 minutes

I made it through parent/teacher conferences. We only had one parent not show up for the entire junior high! Pretty good! However, it made for some really long and tiring days.

I had to talk myself out of bed yesterday morning. I told myself I'd get my run done "later." Then I chastised myself and thought, "No way will you do your run after 10 hours of parent conferences. Get your butt up now because you'll feel better about yourself if you get this done."

Mind you, this conversation was in my head, and it was 4:32 a.m. I gotta say, I am pretty proud of my short self. I got up. I ran. I felt good.

I ended up staying up really late last night finishing awards for the awards ceremony today at school. However, I still got up and did my one mile this morning. It might seem pointless to only run one mile, but for me, it just helps me stay in the groove of exercise.

I am such an all or nothing personality. I wish I could figure out balance. I'm just not good with balance.

Anyhow, Fridays are normally my rest day. Eric even noticed when I got my running gear on this morning. It's hard being up early, especially after a late night, but once again, I felt pretty good about myself this morning. And I am still in the groove.

Off topic: kid #1 got several awards at the awards ceremony at school. Way to go Evan!


Gold Honor Roll, 3rd place Accelerated Reader, and Cross Country medal. Pretty proud mom right here! Crappy picture, but pretty great kid.

More off topic: Eric surprised us all by showing up at the awards! Love that!

We had an early dinner, were home before 6, and I feel like it's 11 p.m, but it's only 7:25. Is it bedtime yet? Please?

I am so happy I have a week off.

No comments: