Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Still Got It

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 36:15

I must have been pretty tired this morning, because I hit snooze two times without realizing it. I opened my eyes at 4:55 and shot out of bed like a flash. I try to be on the treadmill by 5. Didn't quite make it this morning.

I ate my granola bar, checked Facebook, updated Day 2 of what I am thankful for (today it's the treadmill), and got to running. For some reason, I didn't feel like watching tv this morning. Instead I listened to my tunes. Weird. But a nice change.

I did two 9 minute-3/4 mile stretches with a 1/2 mile walk in between. It's rather hard going from nothing to running for 9 minutes, but I did it. I had to back up the pace to 5.0. I just couldn't hang at 6.0. No problem.

I am looking at the Half in February as my "getting back to running" half. I'd like to focus on speed for the Half in May. And speed is a relative term! Speed for me could be improving from a 12 minute mile to an 11 minute mile! But hey, it would be an improvement!

Must go get ready for the day. My principal is evaluating my teaching today. How is it that I've been teaching for 12 years, but this still makes me nervous?!

No comments: