Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Be Kind

Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 48:21 minutes

I had another bad run today, but I am trying to be kind to myself. For one thing, I was home with this little guy all day.


Child #2 woke up at 4 a.m. with a tummy ache. I got him to go back to sleep, but he came in our room moments later to throw up. Fun stuff.

I stayed home with him today. He was pretty low key. He watched cartoons for a few hours, slept for a few hours and played with his trains.

I got some laundry done, some dishes done, and got my workout done.

As soon as I started running, though, I knew it was going to be rough. I kept having to stop to answer the phone, get the kid an ice pop, and go to the bathroom.

Apparently, the achy/crampy/nauseous feeling I had on Monday was indeed me being slightly sick. I didn't know what was going on. But now with little one having issues today, I figure I must have passed some stomach virus on to him.

Even though I don't feel "sick," I am still feeling the effects of feeling like I had the flu.

And with that, I am trying to be kind to myself. So I had two bad runs. So? Did I still get on the treadmill? Yes. Did I keep going? Yes. Did I do more today than yesterday? Yes. Was it slow? Yes, but so what. Did I have to stop to walk for some parts? Yes, but so what. Will it get better? Yes. Could it get worse? Yes. Will that make me quit? No.

Perspective here. It's all fine. I'm doing more than I was three months ago. I'm stronger. I'm better. I like me. So I need to be kind.

P.S. I crossed the 100 mile mark for the year so far! Yay me!

No comments: