Saturday, March 26, 2011

Catching Up

I have done several runs since I last posted, so I am going to attempt to catch up with my stats.

Last Thursday I went to Anaheim for a teacher conference. I was anxious about getting my runs done, because I didn't want to mess up my training plan for the half marathon. I didn't need to worry because my fellow teacher and roommate is big into exercise, and she didn't want to skip her workouts either.

I skipped my run on Thursday, but Rosa (the 4th grade teacher) and I woke up early on Friday and ran 3.5 miles! We ended up running around Downtown Disney. That was pretty fun! It wasn't my best or speediest run, but I got the miles in and felt proud. Plus, it was neat to see the Downtown Disney area just starting to wake up.

All along Rosa and the P.E. Coach at my school (Nick) said they would run five miles with me on Saturday morning before our workshop classes. Bright and early at 6:30, we were off and running around the perimeter of Disneyland. We did Downtown Disney again, but then kept going. It was a tough run! We ended up running over TWO overpasses! I thought I was going to die or fall into traffic from being dizzy and tired, but I kept trudging along.

We got to 4.75, and I wanted to quit. But I didn't. We got that last quarter mile done, and I felt such a sense of accomplishment! I have never run 5 miles before!! My longest before was 4 miles.

I felt like a huge wet noodle for the rest of the day, but that was okay. I was so grateful to Rosa and Nick for getting me through those miles. I'm not sure I had enough confidence to get it done by myself, especially in an unfamiliar city.

The three of us enjoyed a well deserved breakfast at Denny's. My family joined me later that night, and I was so happy. We spent all day Sunday at Disneyland and had an amazing time. I talked about our D-land adventures on my other blog. There is a link to that blog on the right if you are interested.

I spent all day Sunday walking around Disneyland and all day Monday recuperating from the crazy weekend.

On Tuesday I had a nice run outside by myself. Husband got home at six, and I took off around the neighborhood for 3.5 miles. That was fun and invigorating.

Then I blew off my two miles scheduled for Wednesday and my 3.5 scheduled for Thursday. The exhaustion of the week caught up to me, and I just didn't have it in me to run. However, last night I had a GREAT run.

The boys were at soccer practice, and I got on the treadmill and set the speed at 5.0. That is a slower pace for me, but I ran for 42 minutes and felt comfortable. It was great! I felt jazzed. I just enjoyed my music and the solitude of the house. I needed a run like that to remind me that I really do enjoy this sport!

Sorry this post was boring. It was just me recounting four runs, but I needed to get them down so I can add them into my totals.

March 18
Distance: 4.27 miles
Time: 53:07 minutes
Run: 3.51 miles/39:25 minutes/11:13 avg pace

March 19
Distance: 5.68 miles
Time: 1:06:38
Run: 4.98 miles/54:03 minutes/10:51 avg pace

March 22
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 45:01 minutes
Run: 3.5 miles/10:32 avg pace

March 25
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 52 minutes
Run: 3.5 miles/5.0 speed/12:00 avg pace

No comments: