Monday, March 7, 2011

Four Miles

Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 54:31 minutes
Run: 4 miles/45:39/11:24 avg pace

Late yesterday afternoon we headed to Woodward Park so I could get my four miles done. I like the Eaton Trail even better than the local trail we have been running. It's wider, no streets to cross, and the scenery can't be beat. You overlook the river bluffs on the edge of Fresno County.


Really, truly, the scenery looked better in real life! This may have been a rock quarry. The nice thing is that you could look into the distance and see for miles. But at the same time, we weren't that far away from the main road and civilization.


The only bad thing about this trail is the hills. I guess that will make me a stronger runner. Hills are hard.

I ran two miles out and two miles back while the boys biked. Husband seemed to like the trail. He can't wait to get his racing bike so he can come back and do the trail at a faster speed.

It's also nice because there are quite a few people and families along the trail. Even if I was out there by myself, I wouldn't feel isolated. Me being the big scaredy cat that I am, it made me feel more comfortable.

Once I was done, I was depleted. I just slumped in the car and pretty much didn't move. I'm worried about increasing my mileage. I have to remind myself that is why you train slowly. I won't be running 13.1 tomorrow. It is in 11 weeks.

I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but when we got home I took an ice bath. Granted, four miles probably doesn't "qualify" as a long run, but it was long in my book. I thought I was going to die or pass out from the cold water. I didn't even fill the tub to cover my legs. Only the back side of my legs were wet, and I could only stand it for less than 10 minutes. Eric said he could hear me screaming from the garage!


Not so sure if I'm going to put myself through that torture again any time soon. However, I am not sore this morning. Hmmmm. Something to think about.

In any case, it's back to reality. I tend to immerse myself in family and relaxing on the weekends. It is a big jolt to my system to go back to life each Monday!

No comments: