Saturday, March 5, 2011

Best Day!


I won 2nd place in a 2-mile run this morning! Wow! Me! Who would have ever thought that would happen?! Not me, that's for sure! I'm not exactly known for being speedy!

I wasn't even supposed to be in town today. The junior high at my school is participating in the Academic Decathlon in Bakersfield. The whole family was going to drive down last night, stay with my in-laws, and I was going to be with my school for the day.

However, both kids got sick last week, and Child #1 was still sick yesterday, so we stayed home. Since I was in town, I decided to go ahead and enter the race. We didn't enter the kids like we normally do because of them being ill. Trying to get everyone healthy again.

They both were feeling well enough to go support me this morning. Once I was done with my race (I kept around a 10-minute per mile pace), we walked around while waiting for the awards ceremony. Eric thought I might have a chance to place because he said I was one of the first females to come back. On the off chance I actually placed, we decided to stick around!

We kept the kids busy with Jamba Juice and face painting.


Child #1. He is resting so he can make his soccer game tonight.


Child #2. This kid's face melts me ALL the time. Ugh.


Ran into a friend of mine from high school, Matt Costa. He ran the 10K. It was fun cheering for someone by name! I'll have to find out later if he placed. It was fun talking and catching up on life. Plus, he and my husband both used to work at the same pharmacy, just not at the same time. They had plenty to chat about.


Sorry this photo is so tiny. I tried to copy it off of Husband's Facebook page, but it wouldn't let me enlarge it without blurring the photo. I like how Child #1 is squeezing me in the lower left corner of the photo!

I can't even begin to describe how exciting it is to hear your name called as a winner! So much fun! I think I'm going to do another two-mile race next Saturday!

2 comments:

The Green Girl said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations, girl! I am so proud of you!

BeckyK said...

Now that you've started collecting race "hardware," you'll have to rearrange things so you can display it!!! Congrats!!!!