Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Better

Distance: 2.5 miles
Time: 34 minutes
Run: 2 miles/12 min. pace

I ran two easy miles tonight. But more importantly, I did my leg weights and abs. I have been pretty lax on my weights lately.

I know strong muscles makes me a stronger runner, but it is the first part of my workouts to go when I am tired. Tomorrow after my four mile run I am going to do arms.

My leg muscle feels much better tonight. I am on anti-inflammatories (for the possible pinched nerve in my arm, but I'm on them nonetheless), I stretched really well last night, and I've been using the IcyHot. Geez that stuff burns.

No soreness in the muscle tonight. Just a small twinge.

I had X-rays taken of my arm after school today. They must have taken over 10 pictures. I start physical therapy on Friday before school. Next week the appointments move to after school. I started thinking I didn't need to go through with the PT, but then my arm started hurting more today. I don't know...36 and falling apart.

Eric got his new bike today. It's pretty awesome. I love seeing him so excited about his new sport, planning rides and routes, and being so active. Our life is sooooo different than it was even four months ago.

Tonight was weigh-in at Weight Watchers. I lost 2 more pounds. Yay! Eric lost two pounds as well, which earned him his 10% keychain! My two pounds got me back into the 150's. Love it there! I wore pants today that have been too tight for years. Great feeling!

I'm signed up for a 10K race this weekend. Feeling a little anxious about it because I've never gone that distance. I like races though, so I plan to just enjoy.

No comments: