Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Change in Plans

Distance: 4.0 miles
Time: 51 min.
Run: 3.5 miles/41 min.

I was so excited to do my run outside this afternoon after the Husband got home. With the time change, it will stay light enough for me to get my workout in.

Then I got a text from Husband saying that he had to stay late at work. He didn't get home tonight until after 10 p.m.

Okay, no problem, I thought. I'd leave school at 4ish and make Kid #1 ride his bike with me while I rode outside.

Um, that didn't happen either. I got sucked into doing some work. Imagine that! We left school too late to get the run done outside.

I ended up on the treadmill after the kids went to bed. Not my best run. I hopped off many times. But I got back on. And I hopped off. And I got back on! I'm not beating myself up about it tonight. I'm not sure why I am not as bothered as I would normally be, but hey, a kind attitude is perfectly okay!

In any case, 3.5 miles are in the books. I think I need to get another inhaler and USE it! I sort of feel like I am sucking air. I only have asthma symptoms when I exercise, and my doctor said using the inhaler 20 minutes before a run would help.

So, plans changed several times today, but I just went with it. I'm proud of sticking to it.

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Nice job sticking to the plan despite all the little hurdles, girl!